Date: Sunday, April 5th
Start: Witherell and Adams Street Intersection, Downtown Detroit
Finish: Cobo Center (Hoop City)
Hours: 11:30 AM (registration) 2:00 PM Start
Pre-Registration is now closed. Limited on-site registration is still available on a first come, first serve basis. Please arrive to Gate A of Comerica Park beginning at 11:30 am, Sunday, April 5.
ALL THOSE THAT HAVE
: YOUR SPOT WILL BE HELD UNTIL 1:45 PM, NO LATER. YOU MUST ARRIVE BEFORE 1:45 PM, SUNDAY, APRIL 5 TO GATE A OF COMERICA PARK TO CHECK IN TO ENSURE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE DRIBBLE.
This is a rain or shine event so please dress appropriately.
Participants will dribble from the intersection of Witherell and Adams near Ford Field to Hoop City® at Cobo Center.
- On-site registration begins at 11:30 a.m. There will be lots of fun entertainment provided!
- A form and waiver must be completed for each person planning to participate in the event.
- All on site registrants will need to bring with them or complete a waiver at registration before participating in the Dribble. Parents or Guardians must sign the waiver for all participants under 18 years of age.
- The first 4,000 youth (18 and under) to register (on-line or on site) will receive a free basketball, t-shirt and admission to Hoop City on event day.
- Parents with strollers are permitted. Pets will not be allowed on the route.
- Parking fees are the responsibility of participants. It is suggested that participants park at Cobo Center, take the People Mover and exit at the Grand Circus Park stop near Ford Field.
- If you plan to bring a group on a bus, please contact the Local Organizing Committee at 313-262-2655 for further details on bus parking.
11:30 a.m. On-site registration begins inside Gate A of Comerica Park
12:30 p.m. Pre-registered participant check-in begins inside of Gate A of Comerica Park
2:00 p.m. NCAA® Final Four® Dribble begins
Children wearing a NCAA® Final Four® Dribble t-shirt will receive FREE admission to NCAA® Hoop City® refreshed by Coca-Cola® on Sunday, April 5, 2009. Hoop City tickets will be available for purchase at the intersection of Witherell and Adams prior to the start of the NCAA® Final Four® Dribble. We encourage all parents to purchase their Hoop City tickets at the Dribble registration. Hoop City® refreshed by Coca-Cola® is located in Cobo Center.
*Please meet your child (ren) after the NCAA Final Four Dribble at the designated holding area located on the concourse inside of Cobo Center.
**CHILDREN 10 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER WILL NEED TO BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT ALONG THE DRIBBLE ROUTE.
If you have any inquiries, please call: (313) 313-262-2900
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate a Book!
The United Way for Southeastern Michigan, the NCAA and the Detroit Local Organizing Committee have partnered to bring Detroit the first true legacy program to be associated with the Men’s Final Four. The partnership will provide funding and support to establish four early-learning centers in the Detroit community by 2010. The early-learning communities will be located in the Brightmoor, Southwest, Osborn and Northend areas of Detroit and are designed to enhance school readiness for young children through regional centers and neighborhood hubs in the Detroit area. These centers will focus on promoting early childhood reading; positive family, friend and neighbor-child relationships; and child development through training and access to literacy materials for young children beginning from ages 0-5 and their caregivers.
Please support United Way’s early–learning communities by donating a book at registration.